Schedule tweets of your blog posts to twitter on autopilot for FREE
For me twitter has always been a fantastic source for pushing traffic to my blog, and being able to schedule tweets is the perfect solution. Although some may believe Pinterest is the number one place to get traffic, In my case Pinterest is something i’m still trying to figure out . Twitter to me is simple, easy to follow and just MADE SENSE!
Originally I found myself using a number of twitter auto schedule programs such as Tweet Deck and Hootsuite . While these are perfectly good methods of promotion, they come with a monthly cost and a lot of time (which I am already short of). After realizing I was spending way to much time creating excel spreadsheets to schedule 200 tweets at time I knew there had to be a better solution! My monthly unique traffic when having minimal scheduled tweets on Stealstylist.com would be around 3.2k unique views per month. This was based on my standard traffic and me having 1 or two tweets post every few days.
I then discovered IFTTT which stands for ” If this then that”. It’s a recipe creator that will allow you to get things done automatically based on a trigger of something else. After trying out a few methods I found that by creating a daily tweet schedule I would maximize the traffic to my blogs! My monthly traffic now stands at on average 7800 per month. Making that a whopping 143% increase in traffic! . The Amazing thing about twitter is that it’s known for it’s quick news and reaching people in the minute . Personally I think this is key for bloggers AND brands as you can present them with a solution to what they are looking for (or maybe didn’t know they were looking for) straight away, targeting your key audience!
This method has also significantly improved my traffic to this blog! As this blog if only 6 months old I expected to have very minimal traffic as I build up posts. I went from a few hundred views a month to over 1k unique visitors a month, just by directing my traffic.
Combined with my ifttt scheduled posts , I have an excel twitter schedule worksheet that is colour coded, for me to visually see what posts are going out at what time. If you would like a basic template for this, which I have optimized with the best times per post (based on personal experience), you can pick it up at the end of this post . Alternatively you can make one yourself with Excel! It’s super easy!.
So do you want to know how I set up my auto schedule tweets for free with IFTTT?
Here is my step by step easy guide!
- Create a IFTTT account and link your twitter account .
- Once you’re all set up , head to the MY RECIPES page and click the BLUE CREATE RECIPES button
- First you will need to create a THIS trigger, so select the link and type in clock
- Hit TIME AND DATE
- On this next page select EVERY DAY OF THE WEEK AT
- Now select the time you want your tweet to post and on what days of the week . (If it’s a new post i’ll select every day and at a peak time depending on what the post is about, then as time goes on i’ll reduce the number of days it gets posted)
- Now we need to set up the THAT action , so select the blue link
- Type in twitter
- Next you want to post a tweet with an image. Depending on what platform you use, twitter cards may not be set up for your blog . In this case you will want to post a picture showing your featured image (optimized in size for twitter of course)
- Type in your tweet , be mindful of the 120 character limit and include your blog post url along with any relevant hashtags. Then in the option below type in your image url from your blog post . you can get this by right clicking on your blog image and selecting copy image url.
- NEXT fill out the description to remind yourself of what it is you are scheduling. when you start scheduling a lot of blog posts past and new , it will come in handy to know what blog post is what . This way it will be easy to make edits to your schedule.
- Thats it! Hit create recipe and you are all set! you now know how to schedule tweets on autopilot!
Now this tweet will continue indefinitely! Obviously you don’t want to come across as a robot and this is not supposed to completely replace all of your twitter activity. Still continue to tweet as you would , this just adds extra bonus for when your not around.
To stay on track with what you have scheduled I strongly recommend creating an excel worksheet, or if you don’t want to got Though the hassle of making it you can download the exact template I created and use from my VIP FREEBIES VAULT.
Below is a screenshot of my current Twitter schedule . As I am running a giveaway currently you can see I promote the link on the hour every hour for maximum exposure.
Would you like to get this free template to start scheduling your tweets?
*you will be automatically redirected to the download after submitting
Sound off in the comments what your favourite social media tool is!