YOUTUBER 101 | How to start a YouTube channel
PART 6 | How to get your videos seen online
So you have been following my guide to become a YOUTUBER and have read :
And now you want to know how to get people to see your video!
Some people think just posting your video is enough and will make you become a YouTube success overnight .. But it won’t !
Sorry (not sorry) to burst your bubble but It’s hard work and time consuming!
you get what you give and if you a re serious about your channel or wanting a Youtube career , then you need to make sure you go in full force with your channel!
Here are my top tips for promoting yourself online
1. Comment on other people’s videos – It’s important to get yourself out there , people will see your awesome thumbnail in the comments of other videos and will check you out
2. Do not spam videos! Firstly YouTube will pick up on it and won’t even display your spammy comment , but also it just makes you look a tad bit desperate . A nice simple genuine comment on the video is enough . Sometimes people will even like your comment and that will give you even more exposure!
3. Like other videos that are similar – if you connect your channel to Twitter then you can set it up so that it automatically shares the videos you like to your Twitter account . This is great because the person who created the video automatically gets @ mentioned . They will see your Twitter account and see your latest video posted on there ! . Sometimes they may even retweet your tweet to their fans!
4. Pin your video to your Twitter profile . – Twitter has this amazing feature where you can pin your most important tweet to the top of your page! This will be the first tweet everyone sees before they scroll through your tweets about X factor and eating pizza last night! . So make sure you pin something important and helpful!
5. Look for other youtubers just starting out like yourself . Make sure you reach out to those with a subscriber count within 100-200 more or less than you . If you contact them on something outside of YouTube such as Twitter or Facebook it shows that you went out of their way to reach out to them . They will appreciate that! You can chat about your YouTube experience and create a small bond . And possibly collaborate in the future.
6. Join YouTube groups on Facebook ! If you type in YOUTUBER into Facebook groups you can find groups perfect for your niche. People will post their videos similar. To yours and it’s a perfect hub for you to find videos you like. You can comment on their videos and subscribe to the ones you like! I have a BEAUTY YOUTUBER Community group here which you can request to join ! (if you are a Beauty Youtuber)
So that’s it my TOP 6 TIPS for getting yourself and your video out there online! .
Your video is up , you’re getting video views and now you want to start thinking about your next video! But wait how are all these big youtubers making money?
Find out in Part 7 my top tips for making money with YouTube as a beginner!
BE ON MY VIP LIST
CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL